Welcome to TechFest
TechFest-SetPoint is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity based in the University of Aberdeen.
By championing the promotion of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities that engage, challenge, inform and inspire the young people of Scotland it will contribute to the nation having a STEM rich knowledge economy and being recognised as a STEM literate society.
To promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities to young people and the wider community.
- Our people are our greatest asset - we treat each other fairly, honestly and with respect.
- Schools, colleges, industry, government and the community are our clients; we nurture strong relationships with them and welcome feedback to ensure our operation remains focused on their needs.
- We embrace, promote and actively seek partnerships to realise our vision and deliver our aims.
- Health, Safety and the Environment are at the heart of our planning, operation and delivery.
- We demand clear financial reporting and manage financial risk in all areas of our business.
- To inspire and inform young people to take an interest in STEM.
- To develop, organise and deliver a range of STEM activities to engage and challenge young people and the wider community.
- To raise awareness of the application and relevance of STEM subjects to everyday life.
- To publicise STEM E&E activities.
- To enhance TechFest's profile by working in networks of STEM partners.
TechFest-SetPoint Board of Trustees
Professor Valerie Maehle
Professor Phil Hannaford
Dr Brian Wilkins
Registered company No: 272046
Scottish Charity No: SC010349
Vat registration No: GB 693 9451 83